Job Title: General Manager, Mechanical – Cement Industry
Ref No: GbokoMech001
Location: Gboko, Benue, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- To provide critical lead to the sectional (operations) manager in ensuring that the production equipment are in perfect working condition and are available for use, at optimal cost of reliability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance in conjunction with relevant Section Heads
- Monitor maintenance activities for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee technical staffs in the performance of their duties and provide expertise as required.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate Mechanical maintenance in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare weekly/monthly maintenance reports for the attention of the Head, Mechanical Maintenance
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Mechanical Maintenance from time to time.
Education and Work Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of twenty-one (21) years plant operations related experience
Skills and Behaviours:
- In-depth understanding of power plant systems and interactions among systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!