Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Finance Controller
Purpose of Job
- Will be responsible for the preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of financial statements and accounts, and ensuring financial data accuracy.
- Handling accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness to include auditing master records and transactional data.
- Managing journal entries and ensure proper general ledger coding in support of monthly closings
- Fixed Asset Accounting and Management
- Accounting for Insurance & Other Prepayments
- Intercompany Accounting and Reconciliations
- Preparation and Presentation of Monthly Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliations
- Responsible for the creation of new GLs and Cost Centers on need basis
- Coordinate Monthly Balance Sheet Review sessions/ meetings with relevant GL Account Owners
- Maintain and Reviews General Ledger Ownership Matrix (GLOM), on an ongoing basis.
- Payroll posting, reconciliation and monthly Staff Expenses provisioning
- Any other task assigned by the Financial Controller.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of First Degree (HND or BSc.) in Accounting
- Professional certification – ACA / ACCA.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a financial control function of an FMCG.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Numerate/Analytical Skill
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to interpret financial data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Power Point
- Good Interpersonal Skill
- Good negotiation/influencing skill
- Knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
- Proficiency in the use of SAP
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!