Job Title: Gender Officer (GO)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Gender Officer (GO) will work closely with the Program Team to support the integration of a gender perspective to new and existing DCR Ambassadors projects and work to ensure that gender is mainstreamed and strengthened in programs.
- The GO will liaise with counterparts and team members for coordination and to carry out job responsibilities.
- Provide guidance and advice to the programs management team on technical issues of gender mainstreaming and related advocacy in projects
- Network and maintain a dialogue with relevant stakeholders e.g. Government Institutions, National and International Development Organizations to ensure collaboration and synergy on projects and sharing of experiences on gender issues.
- Lead assessment and research activities at the community level to gather information and analysis on gender and advocacy issues.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual project work plans
- Track progress and provide data on gender and advocacy issues relevant to DCR Ambassadors projects
- Coordinate and attend training workshops for self, relevant stakeholders, staff and key actors on gender-related topics including identifying training needs and organize training on gender mainstreaming for the organization, target communities, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Support the media and communications team in preparation and dissemination of information related to gender and women empowerment.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on gender mainstreaming by ensuring the collection of relevant baseline information and formulation of indicators that are sensitive to gender.
- Assist with other team and organizational activities as may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Gender and Development Studies, Social Sciences, International Relations, Philosophy, Law or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in gender, advocacy, and women empowerment issues with additional understanding of Gender-Based Violence(GBV) and Violence Against Women and Girls(VAWG)
- Deep understanding of guiding legal frameworks and principles of gender equality in Nigeria
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and systems/regulations in gender programming and gender mainstreaming.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation;
- Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches;
- Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively.
- Practical knowledge and experience in operational and programme approaches.
- Computer skills particularly, experience with MS office suites strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!