Job Title: Fund Manager, Alternative Investments
Job ID: 56338
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Financial Services
- The Fund Manager, Alternative Investments would be responsible for the development of SIPML’s alternative investment portfolio working with the relevant business teams , ensure professional management of alternative investment portfolios towards achieving the Company’s business objectives
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Technical & Portfolio Management:
- Research & Data analysis capabilities
- Analytical and quantitative background
- Understanding of capital markets concepts and structured products
- Understanding of Alternative Investment (E.g Power, Energy, Infrastructure) documentation and execution processes
- Understanding of ratings process
- Accurately interpret and apply regulatory and complex legal concepts
- Responsible for spotting investment opportunities within the regulatory framework
- Responsible for transaction structuring
Manage Investment opportunities with key industry clients:
- Manage clients expectation with regards to portfolio performance
- Maintain key relationship with clients
- Attend periodic Investment Committee and Advisory Committee meetings to communicate fund performance, economic and financial market outlook that might impact performance of assets under management on request
- Ensure the Alternative Investment portfolio is within the top 20 percentile on a risk-adjusted basis
- Monitor Alternative investments, economic conditions, markets and portfolio performance with respect to stated investment objectives/goals and make appropriate recommendations to the Head of Department
- Responsible for identifying and sourcing alternative investment opportunities.
- Maintain competitive watch and market intelligence on the performance of competitors in the industry.
- Ensure strict adherence to the guidelines, risk management and investment policies set by the Fund’s Investment Committee.
- Maintain important relationship with clients and counterparties
- Ensure the timely rendition of returns to clients and regulatory authority
- Periodic (monthly, quarterly, yearly) comparative analysis of fund performance
Fund Performance and AUM Growth:
- Alternative Investment Mandates
- Responsible for the growth of portfolios under management
- Accountable for investment returns for alternative asset portfolios
- Continuously evaluate the external environment and assess the impact on the Fund’s activities. Where required, recommend necessary changes to plans.
- Preparation of periodic Fund performance reports vs benchmarks and targets
- Preparation of periodic reports on growth in assets under management for SIPML and the industry including market share analysis.
- Monitoring the performance and growth in assets under management of competitors.
- Proactively develop relationships with key external stakeholders including relevant to the alternative asset portfolios to ensure Stanbic IBTC gets appropriate co-operation when required
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Hold primary relationship with clients and handle all aspects of client interaction including coordinating and execution of transactions.
- Monitor client account performance and service client needs to retain existing clients.
Manage the Fund Risk:
- Adherence to the guidelines set by the Investment Committee and terms of the Fund with respect to Investment Processes
- Ensure adherence to all Company’s standards/policies.
- Ensure regulatory & legal compliance.
- Ensure adherence to all ESG policies and Stanbic IBTC SEE framework
- Assist in monitoring markets and pre-empting risk for both clients and Stanbic IBTC
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other relevant Degree. Other relevant qualifications including qualifications such as a Masters, and MBA is required
- Master’s in Business Administration; Strong Analytical/Numeracy Skills; Insight and knowledge of local and international practices in pensions and retirement benefit industry; In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of Asset/Fund Management industry.
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience with at least 4 years spent in the Financial Sector and 4 years in top management position Experience in Investment Banking, Project Finance, Infrastructure Finance and Advisory, Credit, Asset management/pension fund investment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Lagos Island, Lagos