Job Title: FTF IAA SILC Field Agent
Locations: Adamawa and Borno
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) partnered with International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) to implement Feed the Future Nigeria Integrated Agriculture Activity in Borno and Adamawa States. CRS is co-implementing project activities in Song, Fufore, Yola South, Demsa, Guyuk, Hong, Gombi Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Adamawa State and Biu, Hawul, Kwaya Kusar, Shani and Bayo LGAs in Borno State to advance the objectives of inclusive and sustainable agriculture led economic growth; strengthening resilience among people and systems; and well-nourished population, especially among women and children.
To meet the Activity set objectives CRS is using Savings and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) to provide informal financial services to the vulnerable smallholder farmers / households. CRS intends to achieve this through trained/mentored Field Agents with the broad aim to strengthen the institutions that form the market system and the networks that serve smallholder farmers disenfranchised by conflict. SILC will also contribute by supporting vulnerable households to diversify their agricultural productivity and marketing. Hence, smallholder farmers/enterprise groups will be supported to develop SILC as a financial service strategy for the program in Adamawa state and Southern part of Borno State.
The Activity seeks to engage the services of SILC Field Agents (FAs) who would be responsible for marketing and promoting the SILC methodology in their respective community, mobilizing, establishing, training, and mentoring small farmers/enterprise groups to start and own informal savings groups.
- Promote the project and the PSP-SILC to community stakeholders (sensitization / marketing)
- Mobilize/recruit, train and supervise all SILC groups under his/her formation
- Train the SILC groups on skills such as the SILC methodology, financial education, marketing bases share out process.
- Regularly visit groups to collect data and send weekly report to Supervisor using the SILC Data Collection Form (DCF)
- Support SILC groups to generate business ideas and start-up enterprises.
- Co-organize and co-facilitate project events for local community leaders, and groups as needed (mobilizes i.e. community leaders for sensitizations activities, structured interview, KII etc. FA for trainings / workshop etc., SILC groups i.e. sensitization, FGD etc.)
- Support conduct enumeration during project household registration/validation, surveys, and market assessments.
- Living in targeted community as a permanent resident—this is critical and must be confirmed independently; beware of candidates who claim they have “just moved back” and might be commuters
- Well-known and respected by community members and leaders in the assigned area
- Reputation for integrity
- No criminal record or instances of disreputable behavior
- Basic arithmetic skills (including percentage calculations)
- Ability to read and understand the national language (used in guides and forms)
- Ability to communicate in local language(s) of assigned area
- Good community mobiliser and facilitator, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit an Application containing an expression of interest and a detailed Resume as a single attachment on MS word document to: [email protected] using “FTF IAA SILC Field Agent” as the subject of the mail.
Equal Employer Opportunity
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!