Job Title: Food Security and Cash Worker
Location: Maiduguri / Magumeri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Food Security and Cash Program Officer will lead planning, implementation and monitoring of all Food Security activities and humanitarian response, including beneficiary targeting, selection and registration, community mobilization, trainings, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, coordination, and reporting. In addition to this, s/he will, on behalf of Caritas Nigeria/JDPC, attend sector meetings as necessary and present reports. The position will be based in Maiduguri (Borno State).
- The officer is expected to represent the organization and the consortium in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with set Code of Conduct.
Job Purpose Summary
The FS & Cash Officer will, under the guidance and supervision of the FS Manager, support the implementation of project activities and other delegated responsibilities through three core functions:
- Design, develop and implement innovative program activities and initiatives that uplift the vulnerable persons through cash programming as delineated in the program documents
- With expressed option for the poor and vulnerable, ensure the identification, selection, sensitization, monthly distribution of cash and accompaniment of project beneficiaries throughout the duration of the project
- Contribute to and form part of the FSL and CWG emergency response mechanisms, providing timely reports and data trends reflective of the socio-cultural context in the field
- Assist in facilitating any relevant trainings for the Community Mobilizers, beneficiaries and community committees
- Assist in identifying, collection and collation of relevant beneficiaries’ groups based on best practices in food security interventions (Sphere Standard and Core Humanitarian Standards)
- Oversee the distribution of eWallet to beneficiaries
- Join in the commodities’ market prices monitoring
- Provide support to the identification, engagement and training of market vendors while providing linkages between the vendors and the beneficiaries, as well as improving local economy
- Ensure proper engagement of relevant cash vendors for cash transfers
- Assist in the resolution of potential cash access issues and escalating to relevant channels when necessary for quick and timely resolution
- Assist project partners implement activities as indicated in monthly and quarterly work plan
- Support project partners to develop detailed monthly and quarterly technical work plan.
- Assist in carrying out post-distribution monitoring activities as required.
- Support in preparation of all periodic reports.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Programme and Grant Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Agriculture, Public Health, Food and Nutrition, International Development studies, or any related field.
- At least 3 years’ program management experience; previous experience managing emergency/recovery projects.
- Demonstrated strong ability with project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building, especially with local partners
- Knowledge of Sphere emergency guidelines, including MEAL guidelines and best practices
- Ability and willingness to work and live in a challenging and potentially unstable environment
- Commitment to and proven track record in managing accountable, transparent, and inclusive programming in complex contexts
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture
- Experience managing international grants (EU, UN system, or others) – Professional proficiency in English, Hausa and/or Kanuri.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should mail/send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] with the position applied for and Location as the Subject of the Mail.
- Females are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted afterwards
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Maiduguri / Magumeri, Borno