Job Title: Fleet Safety Manager
Job ID: req33341
Location: Ebute Metta, Lagos
About the New Job
- The individual is responsible for maintaining safe workplace by driving compliance to all statutory standards and Coca Cola fleet requirements.
- Overseeing the required maintenance authorization and audit 3PLs/4PL repairs and operating safety standards, while ensuring compliance with all applicable vehicle legislation regulations, safety, legal requirements, as well as researching and developing cost-effective accident prevention and incident management solutions.
- The individual will be responsible for Fleet Asset Care for both NBC owned trucks and 3PLS.
Your New Key Responsibilities
- The incumbent identifies route hazards and make proposals on projects, speed standards, route compliance initiatives, licenses, and fit for purpose training.
- Evaluates fleet & route related risk exposures and implement controls across locations.
- Reviews offloading standards and creates new proposals to bridge safety gaps.
- Coordinates behind-the-wheel activities for the purpose of auditing. reinforcing and/or developing driver skills.
- Coordinates regular screening of drivers for safety and risk profiling.
- Accountable for closures of logistics related activities from accident reviews and incident management frameworks such as IMCR Prescribe standard guidelines for vendors – 3PL/4PL personnel operations in CCH premises and drives compliance.
- Builds friendly operating environment with relevant government agencies and standardize approvals for sampling issuance to EDU government authorities.
- Assumes responsibility of managing records and historical performance of all categories of drivers.
- Provides fast mechanisms for reacting to breakdowns, arrests, and other downtime drivers.
- Coordinates driver’s requirement for statutory audits including workplace accountability among both NBC and 3PL drivers.
- Coordinates and make recommendations for the deployment and reassignment of drivers after analysis of routes, locations, and truck specific skill requirements.
- Establishes an aggressive campaign to enforce the wearing of seat belts and drives other PPE compliance.
- Provides required offloading tools and techniques and make business proposal for upgrades to enhance operations safety.
- Proactively engages drivers on GPS and Cabin Camera reports and provides guidance to regional leads on appropriate rewards and sanctions.
Education / Experience
- B.Sc / HND in relevant field.
- 3 – 5 years experience on the same role.
- Desired candidate must be a member ISPON (Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria);
- Recognized Health & Safety qualification (ISO 45001 and NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health)
- Proficient in MS office
Do You Have These Skills?
- Excellent management skills fit
- Effective at planning & organizing
- Action oriented
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skill
- Drive for results
- Effective motivation skills
- Conflict management
- Building effective teams
- Compliance with CCH values
- Analytical, reporting and communications.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!