Job Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (Fintech / Startup)
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job Type: Full Time
- Do have an MBA? Are you an experienced Financial Planner? Do you have strong hands on experience in FinTech industry, financial analysis and modelling skills?
- Then we have the opportunity for you!
- As Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, you will report to the CFO and will take the lead in all financial and strategic planning.
- They offer shares as part of their benefits package. They want all employees to enjoy the success of their organization.
- Build strong relationships with senior executives as well as finance and operating executives in London, US, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
- Develop a robust, iterative financial planning and forecasting model with key KPI inputs and P&L, B/S, and cash outputs.
- Lead, manage, and deliver the monthly/rolling forecast, annual budget, and 5 strategic planning process, including developing and updating the financial planning model, identification of KPIs and key business drivers, risks and upsides.
- Continually improve the entire financial planning process and financial model in terms of accuracy and efficiency as well as relevancy of insights to the senior management team.
- Ensure that the business has the needed accurate Financial Systems as well as efficient links/accounts between Accounting/Actuals and Planning.
- Support the evaluation of growth initiatives within the African Fintech industry through financial modelling and analysis.
- Prepare strategic and financial well-written, documented, and concise power-point presentations for senior management, board, investors, and prospective investors, including presentations on business performance, kpis, business strategy, strategic investments, recommendations, etc. as needed.
- Support key business decision-making and strategic initiatives through ad hoc analyses and the building meaningful financial models.
- Cross-Train with the Corporate Controller.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- MBA strongly preferred (B.A./B.S. required).
- 5 years of business experience in investment banking
- Digital/FinTech industry and a strong understanding of digital FinTech business models as knowledge and relationships within the African markets are a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and an ability to share previous excel iterative budgeting and forecast models and powerpoint presentations
- Demonstrated strong financial analysis, valuation, and planning skills and/or investment analysis experience.
- Strong financial modelling skills, with demonstrated ability to create iterative planning and investment/assessment financial models that can adapt and flex to key meaningful what/if questions that are asked.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to create well written, incisive, and concise graphic power-point presentations to explain business performance/KPI variances, identify key business drivers, and key strategic initiatives/recommendations for senior management, the board, or outside investors.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial reporting and accounting.
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings.
- Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a proven ability to manage and meet all deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organized.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and an ability to share previous excel iterative budgeting and forecast models and powerpoint presentations that the candidate has created.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!