Job Title: Financial Management Analyst
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-001
Series / Grade: LE – 0450 9
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Work Schedule: Full-time – Work Schedule is 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required.
- This position reports to the Financial Specialist in the Financial Management Center and is responsible for the financial planning and budget formulation. Incumber analyses and review funding authorizations for approximately 26 budgets for Mission Nigeria agencies.
- The Financial analyst does not have any supervisory responsibility but mentors two management analyst positions in the section.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration is required.
- Experience: Minimum of five years progressive work experience with USG especially in budget and/or financial matters is required.
- Expert knowledge of FAM/FAH, FTR/JFTR, DSSR, Appropriation Law, and other USG regulations governing accounting and budgeting. Ensures correct interpretation and application of regulations and procedures and decisions to be followed in the accounting and budgeting process.
- This position requires expert knowledge in dealing with the Local Guard Contract, the AllCO pension fund, and business operations of AERA and the American International School.
- This may be tested Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal relationship and team spirit, ability to articulate and resolve complex issues is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and produce results, ability to recommend appropriate adjustments to financial plan is required.
- Proficiency in the use of computer, Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, typing where accuracy is of critical importance and very high-level numerical skill is required.
- Ability to effectively utilize computers and financial software, and advanced administrative, problem solving, and analytical skills is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively – oral and written is required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 5/1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity (Eeo):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- NGN 10,908,677 annually
- USD $56,728 annually
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 [email protected]
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja