Job Title: Financial Auditor
Reference No: NGA / PUK / 0093 / 2020
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Request for Proposal (RFP), Financial Audit Services
Proposals are invited from suitably qualified service providers, for Financial Audit Services. Prospective Candidate or firm interested, are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Mirror NCA’s corporate philosophy and business principle
- Offer competitive pricing and cost-savings solutions
- Have proven service record
- Have proven quality assurance systems
- Be financially viable
- Offer value-added capabilities
- Maintain the highest possible standard of integrity and fairness
- Honor all contractual obligations; and
- Comply both with the letter and spirit of the laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Scope of Audit Service
- The audit will be carried out in accordance with the International Auditing Standards and will include tests and verification procedures as the auditors deem necessary.
- Verify all funds have been used in accordance with the established rules and regulations of NCA and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided.
- Goods, works, and services financed have been procured in accordance with NCA established rules and procedures.
- Appropriate supporting documents, records and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept. Clear linkages should exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented to the auditors
- The financial statements have been prepared by NCA management in accordance with applicable accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of NCA and of its receipts and expenditures for the period ended on that date.
- Comprehensive assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting and overall internal control system to monitor expenditures and other financial transactions.
- Express an opinion as to reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
- Include in their reports opinion on compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to errors or fraud that are material in the financial statements.
- Conduct entry and exit meeting with the Country Director and Finance Manager of NCA.
In addition to the audit report, the auditors will prepare a Management Letter on the following:
- Give comments and observations on the accounting records, procedures, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the audit.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in systems and controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Report on the implementation status of recommendations pertaining to previous period audit reports.
- Communicate matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the sustainability of the organization.
- Bring to the Country Director’s attention any other matters that the auditors consider pertinent.
- Candidate / Team Lead should possess membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (MICAN)
- Candidates should possess a Master’s degree with 5 Years’ experience in relevant area of service, especially INGO’s
- Candidate / firm should have functional contact address
- Candidate / firm should provide evidence of updated tax clearance
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates / Firms interested in the process, should download Request for Proposal (RFP) complete and forward with other relevant supporting documents to: [email protected]
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!