The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4289827622
Location: Jimeta, Yola – Adamawa
Employment type: Contract
Reports to: The Finance Technical Assistant reports to the Finance Officer.
- NRC is looking for a Finance Technical Assistant for our area office in Yola in Northern Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Yola and in the field offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that cash is kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained and posting of transactions are done on a daily basis and all payment process on time
- Responsible for introducing or removing NRC bank Account signatory.
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures;
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field offices in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through the bank.
- Be responsible for accurate payroll transfer to the bank and follow-up on the transaction on individual staff accounts.
- Be responsible for the release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the keeping of cash in Yola Office
- Preparing daily cash count of Yola office
- Preparing of Cheque and transfer letter to the bank.
- Responsible for clearing of advances and the outstanding balance of staff in Yola
- Preferably a Degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Previous (2yrs) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO)
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleague when need arise.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: October 2020
- Duration: 2 months renewable subject to funding and satisfactory performance
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Yola, with frequent travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Nigeria Nationals Only
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!