Job TItle: Finance Officer
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Prepare and maintain all books of accounts in digital and hard copy, and in accordance with the Financial management principles and project standards
- In joint consultation with the project team on planned activities, prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly budget projection for review and approval by the management oversight.
- Train the Project field team on financial processes and required documentations for management of project funded activities.
- Hold weekly review meetings with the project team on planned activities to ensure they are not derailed from the budget guidelines
- Responsible for supporting the project team in processing Financial requests for the budgeted project activities under the direct supervision of the management oversight team
- Prepare ahead of the submission deadlines; weekly, monthly and end of project financial retirements in accordance to the CHAD INT’L guidelines for review by the management oversight for onward action.
- Work in close consultation with donor`s Finance staff for proper guidance on adhering to their Financing principles/ guidelines and reporting procedures.
- Be accountable, transparent and observe integrity in all financial transactions and implement guidelines in accordance with the CHAD INT’L project.
- Accountable to the management oversight
- Perform any other duties assign or asked of you that are in line with the CHAD INT’L project
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- A Degree in Accountancy or Banking and Finance from reputable university only
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBook or SAP)
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel and presentation
- 5-7 years professional experience as Finance Officer
- Experience in working with NGO will be an added advantage
- Spoken and written language skills in English is required.
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is required.
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance programmes/projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to appreciate cultural and ethnic diversity
- Excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 pages to the “Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- CHAD provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- CHAD International encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!