Job Title: Finance Officer
Ref No: 210001CI
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: CO
Reports to: Field Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: 1
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post does not require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
- This position will be responsible for implementing and/or coordinating financial and compliance support functions for the field office.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Responsible for ensuring all payment request are adequately supported in line with SCI procurement manual as well as compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Support the Field Manager and Budget holder in the monthly review of transaction listings and monthly variance analysis.
- Prepare all adjustment journals including reallocations, exchange rate for approval by the Finance Manager.
- Responsible for managing all staff programme advances and ensure proactively reconcile the advance account.
- Coordinate the monthly cash forecast process for the Field office and ensure that there is always adequate funds for the implementation of the projects in the field office
- Attend to all financial related queries from the Field Manager
- Supervise the work of the assistance Finance Assistant/Cashier and in the situation of limited resources perform this role.
- Verify registered transaction and approve posting on Agresso
- Perform all necessary month-end finance related activities
- Reconcile the transaction listing from the general ledger with the vouchers
- Ensure all vouchers are properly referenced and stamped before filing.
- Ensure the field office has in place a voucher approval process and all staff adheres to this working hour.
- Responsible to legally minimise tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Ensure that all remittances are done within the required timeline
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of the tax account including PAYE and WHT account
- Manage tax compliance, reporting, and filing works for the organization.
- Act as the key point of contact and support for our local taxation matters
- Act as key point of contact for collection and issuance of Credit note to all Save the Children International Vendors and Suppliers.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Working Contacts
Internal and External
- All SCI staff
- Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, include regulatory agencies and Vendors.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in an international NGO, Donor funded projects’ experience is preferred;
- Experience in dealing with international donors is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Quick Books Accounting Package
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Able to work in individual or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Location Ogoja, Cross River