Job Title: Finance Manager – Integrated Health Program
Ref No: req12520
Project Overview and Role
- The Financial Manager is a full-time position to support the State Finance & Administrative Director in the awarded USAID/Nigeria funded project entitled Nigeria Integrated Health Program.
- The Financial Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth processing of financial information.
- The role encompasses oversight of the financial operations and finance employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Finance and Operations staff to ensure that project deliverable are met.
- Supports the Senior Finance Manager to review financial and operational content for appropriate project reports.
- Support the annual work plan process and other strategic planning processes
- Assists in overseeing overall financial system implementation including controls and standards for IHP state offices
- Reviews and maintains a strong system of internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Examines financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders, and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data
- Monitors disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Palladium’s financial policies and procedures
- Works with the finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices
- Regularly reviews cash management practices, develop, and provide feedback on cash risk mitigation strategies
- University graduate and Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant masters-level degrees. CPA, Chartered Accountancy, other relevant professional certification, or additional 8 years of relevant professional experience accepted as an alternative to Master’s Degree.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
- Capacity and/or experience in designing and implementing Value for Money standards and decision-making.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player.
- Results-oriented and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
- These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Note: Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!