Job Title: Finance Coordinator (Grants)
Job Identification: 902
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Finance
- Adherence to NRC Policies, Guidance and Procedures
- Support in the preparation of donor budgets, amendments and forecasts ensuring donor compliance and quality control, working closely with the budget holders and Grants Manager.
- Support in the preparation of interim and final donor financial reports for All NRC Projects in respective donor and internal NRC formats ensuring that costs are incurred in accordance with donor regulations
- Support in providing technical support and capacity building to budget holders, finance and non-finance staff on budget preparation/revision, budget monitoring, donor regulations and the use of NRC financial tools
- Support in preparing project Top Downs and updating the eBPO in consultation with the Head of Program; Head of Support and the Country Director.
- Allocation of shared cost percentage / amount for every new grant and ensure adequate coverage of shared costs
- Ensure that donor submission deadlines of financial budgets and reports are planned well in advance, with a clear timeline of responsibilities by maintenance of all donor grants overview, donor requirements, rules and regulations and internal and external deadlines.
- Support in ensuring that recommendations from internal and external audits are followed up.
- Be the focal point for internal and external financial audits, for both annual and project specific audits, conducted at NRC country office, by ensuring that documentation for sampled transactions are available in advance of the audits as required by auditing teams.
- Support in the Review of the Area Office monthly BVA (Budget versus actual) reports, shared by the respective Finance Team Leads, before their monitoring sessions with their respective Area Managers/Program teams in the Area Offices, by highlighting areas of risk in relation the budgets, including flagging any need for cost extensions/no-cost extensions.
- Ensure availability of documentation required to be kept by donors by maintaining high standard information management/filing systems.
- Support in updating monthly, the Reconciliation of Deliverables template secured on the intranet, per project according to guidelines provided in the Securing Supporting Documentation Initiative.
- Support in the monthly review of the Transaction Checklist updated by the Finance Officer, Abuja, for completeness and compliance to the guidelines provided in the Securing Supporting Documentation Initiative.
Application Closing Date
1:20 PM, 25th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!