Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job ID: 23000050
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Grade: NAT 5
Post Type: National
Child Safeguarding: Level 3
- As part of the Finance team, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for supporting effective financial management and administration processes for the Nigeria CO programme.
- He/she will support Nigeria Finance team in areas of; electronic archiving of financial documents, Accounts reconciliations, and other Finance Administrative duties as per SCI guidelines.
- He/she will effectively interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, manage expectations and duties according to the agreed timelines. He/she will be required to back stop for field offices whenever the need arises
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job descriptions and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: National Accountant
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability
Financial Support Roles:
- Raise cheques approved by relevant budget holders/finance and taking them to approved signatories for signing.
- Perform bank related activities; picking up monthly bank statements
- Support in the payments of participants and other beneficiaries.
- Maintain update of GLACOS on daily basis
- Assist in the remittance of statutory payments (Pension, NHF, NSITF, WHT, PAYE) on/before the due date
- Requesting and Collection of Finance unit office stationary and consumables from the Admin office for day to day business activities.
- Support in the verification of all assets
- Reconciling and matching of transactions on the system on weekly basis
Archiving of Document Role:
- Ensure all payment and journal vouchers are electronically archived on a monthly basis
- Review monthly TL to ensure all vouchers for transactions posted to the system are completely filed
- Properly label all files and arrange vouchers in their appropriate folders on the shelf for easy retrieval.
- Support during audits to retrieve selected samples a week before the commencement of any audit exercise
- Return all vouchers to their appropriate box files after the conclusion of any audit exercise
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Produce soft/scanned copies of documents for retention purposes.
- Keep a standard record of document retrieval and return log
- Verify all transactions and ensure that the relevant supporting documents have been filed
- Maintain a filing system for all transactions
- Support in maintaining soft copy archiving system
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Internal: All budget-holders, field offices and other staff members
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, regulatory agencies
Skills & Experience
- An HND / BSc in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within multicultural and multi-religious settings.
- ACA/ACCA certification.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself and the team, takes responsibility for his own personal development and encourages team members to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, and demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!