Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Finance Assistant will be based in Maiduguri and will provide all necessary financial assistance to programs and operations as well as handle other office cash-related duties.
- S/he will maintain Cash Register, make cash disbursements and reconciliations, prepare cash projections and requests.
- S/he will also be responsible for financial file archiving.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, the position holder must be able to perform each essential function with or without supervisory support.
- The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Accounting and Finance Management:
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation.
- Conduct Daily, weekly, and month-end cash counts.
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped.
- Ensure all documents are scanned for uploading to share point at month-end.
- Payment of participant and other training, cash payments out of the office.
- Update and Upload on Maconomy cash transaction. Daily reconcile of cash and book balances.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts after validation of the Finance Officer.
- Ensure that all vouchers are scanned and uploaded into the NCA Share file for Supervisor review and internal audit purposes.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
- Maintain frequent communication with Finance Officer to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated.
- Work with program and other operation staff to ensure the coordination of programs and operations are within budgeted targets.
- Ensures application and compliance with security protocols and policies.
- Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within NCA and amongst beneficiaries served by NCA.
- A university degree or HND in Accounting or related field required. Professional certifications such as a fully qualified/almost qualified member of ICAN or other qualification recognized by IFAC is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in INGO or NGO sector
- Experience in working within a relatively large team.
- Ability to carry-out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the organization.
- Experience in enforcing the compliance of internal control procedures and policies relating to different departments and activities.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Can function effectively in a loosely structured work environment and set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
- Ability to integrate and work well within a multi-ethnic and multicultural team.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Fluent English in written and oral.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards, and commitments, and all staff is equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should be addressed to the “Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid” via the email: [email protected] Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter, and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- Qualified Borno State indigenes are encouraged to apply.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!