Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
The Finance Assistant is to assist the Finance officer by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record-keeping of the day to day transactions in accordance with DCR Ambassadors policies and procedures.
- To assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance with DCR ambassadors, donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with distinct teams for advance issuance and their timely adjustment of advances, trainings and documentation.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets, and verifying payments made to beneficiaries
- Posting all vouchers into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the Finance Officer and ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
- Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis and ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs.
- Carry out cash count as per the DCR Ambassadors’ policy and schedule and document the cash count sheets for records.
- Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
- Assist Finance office in monthly bank & account reconciliation.
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed and Paid stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
- Ensure timely preparation of tax challan & deposit into the bank.
- Visit the Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
- Photocopies & scanning of all necessary documents/Instruments.
- Perform any other task assign by the line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of three years of Finance experience preferably in NGO is mandatory.
- Honesty and strong commitment.
- Accuracy in record checking.
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- IT skills including MS Office & Accounting applications.
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa, and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!