Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Reference No.: req10263
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is currently recruiting a Finance and Admin Officer to work for the USAID-funded Data.Fi project. This person will be based in Abuja, Nigeria with some travel outside Abuja expected.
- The position will assist the project with activities related to finance and administration and logistics. The position will support the Data.Fi activity and report to the Data.Fi Finance Manager.
- Process and coordinate monthly statutory deductions for payroll.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Assist with event planning and other activities. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for participants.
- Ensure timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Work closely with Finance Manager to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepares and submit monthly financial reports as directed by CD/FM in timely manner; and supporting documents are filed appropriately in hard and soft copies.
- Maintain financial, procurement, and attendance records for all meetings and workshops.
- Coordinate with local vendors to obtain quotations, coordinate invoicing, and process payments for all service providers.
- Assist with the development of activity budgets for related project activities.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding, organizing/filing, and meeting minutes).
- Prepare cost-share reports.
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and project charge code(s).
- Negotiate, administer, and assure compliance with agreements to include but not limited to: Contracts, Grants, Cooperative Agreements, Purchase Orders and Task Orders.
- Ensure that before any purchase takes place relevant authorization has been obtained.
- Provide logistics and travel support to program staff.
- Track all domestic and international travel of project staff. This includes assisting with the preparation of monthly travel log reports.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with USAID funded projects and/or experience working on an international development project
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong English (written and oral) communication skills
- Local candidates only-no relocation expenses provided
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!