MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Field Support Engineer will be responsible for the second line network troubleshooting, restoration, and fault management support on the elements and components of the Main One network and assist clients in solving complex technical issues.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot Main One’s network providing a specific update, status, and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least second line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault handling, restoration, escalation, and management.
- Ensures consistent up-time of networks and engages in preventive maintenance and routine checkup.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s Field Support Engineer processes and procedures
- Ensure safe decommissioning of equipment and making them fit for reuse.
- Confer with customers in initial deployment troubleshooting, as well as in the initial debugging of new hardware and software.
- Report site(s) conditions to the network operating center.
- Interpret link budget (LBs) and survey reports (SRs) to effectively carry out onsite/installation activities.
- Work comfortably at heights up to 120m with total regard for safety and good work ethics.
- Troubleshoot Microwave radio links’ issues in a timely manner. Focus is on; Dragon Wave HC+, Ceragon SDH radio & Ceragon IP 10.
- Responsible for structure cabling, PATs, and onsite installations supervision to ensure that standards and quality are maintained all times.
- Carry out LOS requests and provide LOS reports in clear terms with minimal supervision.
- Assembling, Commissioning and Installation of MW radios such as Dragon Wave HC+Ceragon SDH radio & Ceragon IP 10 with varying antennae sizes.
- Accurate auditing, recording, and management of company assets deployed at clients’ site
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum qualifications – ONC / OND / Higher grade level inappropriate discipline or subjects.
- A good understanding of Ethernet and wireless networks
- At least 7 years of previous experience working in Wireless and Wired technology (Ceragon, RADWIN, UBIQUITY, etc)
- Knowledge of Microwave and optics transmission systems required with power proficiency.
- Must have a high level of computer literacy to be able to configure PC IP settings, use basic IP testing and be competent in the use of Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Should be able to use basic test equipment such as Multimeters/Spectrum Analysers/BER Testers
- Should be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Microwave antennae installation and commissioning.
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps, and AutoCAD Designs
- Good experience in power management/ first level Power handling (DC and AC)
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!