Job Title: Field Officer
- The Field Trader will be primarily responsible for interfacing with suppliers (farmers and / or sellers) to ultimately procure the required products and deliver them to the preferred destination
- The Field Trader will personally supervise the purchase and delivery of agro-commodities and other products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise the purchase and delivery of products from supplier location to the buyer’s preferred destination.
- Mobilize to product location for physical inspection of products.
- Ensure quality of products to be delivered, and report the same as required.
- Maintain up-to-date information on all products.
- Source for potential buyers and suppliers.
- Develop strategies for sourcing products across Africa.
- Minimum academic qualification of OND / HND / B.Sc.
- Knowledge of agro-commodities and related products.
- Relative experience dealing with suppliers, traders, farmers, and exporters.
- Sales experience in the Agribusiness or similar role is an advantage.
- Target oriented.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Must have integrity and be trustworthy.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to speak local languages.
- Must be willing to travel for long periods.
- Must be willing to begin immediately.
- Are you an Agricultural professional, with at least 2 years in sourcing for agro-commodities locally?
- Are you conversant with FMCG best practices in procurement?
- Do you have a strong network of farmers and off-takers of Agribusiness?
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!