Job Title: Field Administration Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Type Of Contract: Fixed
Role Type: National
Travel Involved: In-Country
Child Safeguarding Level: 3
Reporting To: Zonal Project Manager
Direct Reports: Drivers And Security Guards
Dotted Line Manager: None
None Indirect Reports: None
Country and Project Background
The Nigeria Country Office in Abuja, started operations in 2008, through the DFID/UKaid funded Support to National Malaria Programme, SuNMaP (2008 – 2016). The office had presence in 23 states of the country and has managed at various times, about 15 projects. It follows the mandate of the parent organisation in Nigeria and has been working specifically in the following areas:
- Malaria control/elimination
- Integrated community case management (iCCM) for malaria, pneumonia and diarrhoea.
- Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs)
Malaria Consortium has recently become a sub-recipient for the new grant of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GF) under the National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) and Catholic Relief Services as the principal recipients.
The goal of the grant is to contribute towards reducing the malaria burden to pre-elimination levels and bringing malaria-related mortality to zero by 2020 in Nigeria.
This project aims to achieve seven objectives while delivering high quality malaria services in 14 states (MC implementing in 7 of the states – Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Niger, Yobe, Gombe and iCCM only in Kebbi and Niger) through improved service delivery mechanisms, demand creation and health system strengthening strategies.
- To ensure at least 80% of targeted population utilizes appropriate preventive measures by 2020
- To test all care-seeking persons with suspected malaria using RDT or microscopy by 2020
- To treat all individuals with confirmed malaria seen in private or public facilities with effective anti-malarial drug by 2020
- To provide adequate information to all Nigerians such that at least 80% of the populace habitually takes appropriate malaria preventive and treatment measures as necessary by 2020
- To ensure the timely availability of appropriate antimalarial medicines and commodities required for prevention and treatment of malaria in Nigeria wherever they are needed by 2018
- At least 80% of health facilities in all LGAs report routinely on malaria by 2020
- To strengthen governance and coordination of all stakeholders for effective program implementation towards an “A” rating by 2018 on a standardized scorecard.
- To provide administrative, personnel and logistics support in the project offices in the zone.
Scope of Work
- The Field Administration officer will be actively responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient workflow of the office through enforcing administrative procedures to the office operating system and equipment.
- S/he will be directly responsible for the provision of administrative, personnel and logistics support in the office.
- S/he is accountable to the zonal project manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- The Field Administration Officer will be a member of the project implementation team and report to the zonal project manager and other project staff in delivering project work plan.
Manage and performs all administrative support in the office (40%):
- Ensures all staff adhere to the office policies and general office procedure
- Develops and maintains an effective maintenance procedure for the proper functioning of all IT equipment and computer networks in the office
- Ensures proper management and maintenance of assets including office building, vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Manages the filing system and storage of all administrative documents
- Liaise with the Project Officers in coordinating meetings, workshops, seminars, travel arrangements and/or events
- Liaises with National Office on administrative issues
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Provides personnel services support in the office (10%):
- Implements personnel policies and procedures
- Provides support and coordinates personnel and related staff matters
- Maintains employee files and records for administrative use
- Assists in compiling annual leave roster and submit to National Office
Provides Operational and logistic support to the office (50%):
- Develops and maintains strong and effective relationships with service providers including hotels, care hire services, travel agencies, immigrations, etc. for project activities
- Carries out timely booking of venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other project activities
- Sourcing of appropriate venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other project activities
- Ensures timely picking of consultants, visiting staff, and other stakeholders
- Ensures project receives value for money for all procurements at all times
- Manage the driver and project vehicle
- Providing support on need basis to Malaria Consortium projects on filing, documentation and other related issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Significant years’ experience in similar role
- Good supervisory, inter-personal, communication and planning skills
- Proven previous experience in office management
- Possess good understanding, knowledge and experience in document control and management.
Work-based Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of project information.
LEVEL B – Takes on pieces of work when required and demonstrates excellent project management skills:
- Shows a flexible approach to taking on additional work/ responsibilities when needed to achieve results
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills to agreed timescales (timelines, targets, donor requirements)
- Makes clear and timely decisions within remit of own role.
Analysis and use of information
LEVEL A – Gathers information and identifies problems effectively:
- Interprets basic written information
- Attentive to detail
- Follows guidelines to identify issues
- Recognises problems within their remit
- Uses appropriate methods for gathering and summarising data
Interpersonal and communications
LEVEL B – Fosters two-way communication:
- Recalls others’ main points and takes them into account in own communication
- Checks own understanding of others’ communication by asking questions
- Maintains constructive, open and consistent communication with others
- Resolves minor misunderstandings and conflicts effectively.
Collaboration and partnering
LEVEL A – Is a good and effective team player:
- Knows who their customers are and their requirements
- Respects and listens to different views/opinions
- Actively collaborates across teams to achieve objectives and develop own thinking
- Proactive in providing and seeking support from team members
Leading and motivating people
LEVEL B – Manages own development and seeks opportunities:
- Actively manages own development and performance positively
- Learns lessons from successes and failures
- Seeks and explores opportunities within Malaria Consortium which develop skills and expertise.
LEVEL B – Remains professional under external pressure:
- Able to adapt to changing situations effortlessly
- Remains constructive and positive under stress and able to tolerate difficult situations and environments
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
- Learns from own successes / mistakes
Living the values
LEVEL A – Demonstrates Malaria Consortium values:
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness in dealing with colleagues and stakeholders
- Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
- Treats all people with respect
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness
LEVEL A – Manages own workload effectively
- Plans and manages own workload effectively
- Is familiar with Malaria Consortium’s mission and current strategic plan
- Understands own contribution to Malaria Consortium’s objectives.
- Grade 5.
- National Benefits.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!