Job Title: Farm Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will report to the Farm Manager and will be responsible for the day to day operations and assigns duties to farm workers and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner.
- He ensures the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations. In consultation with the farm manager, prioritizes tasks and decides on the necessary amount of machinery and number of workers.
- He will also records information on inbound, outbound of birds and creates and submit reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies and animal growth and mortality.
Specific duties are listed below but not limited to:
- He assigns duties to farm workers and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner; duties might include feeding poultry, shipping eggs or maintaining buildings.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in raising poultry, Confers with farm manager to ascertain production requirements and to discuss condition of equipment and status of supplies
- Provides care to injured or ill poultry
- Enforce workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- Assigns workers to duties, such as collecting and candling eggs, feeding and vaccinating poultry, crating and shipping fryers, and cleaning and fumigating chicken houses.
- Directs maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as chicken houses, automatic feeders, and layer nests.
- Update birds records on daily basis
- Train new workers and ensure old farm attendance are refreshed of their responsibilities and obligations,
- Prepares worker attendance, egg production, feed consumption, and poultry mortality reports.
- HND / OND in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent. A lower degree with extensive knowledge and experience in Agricultural and Animal Science or equivalent can also apply.
- 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Extensive experience in a farming/poultry-related field preferably in a well organized and recognized Farms.
- Management experience would be a plus
- A passion for Agriculture and life care of stock.
- Effective poultry attendance management skills
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Sound writing and arithmetic/analytical skills is a must
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills.
- To carry out manual duties
- To work under pressure and outside work hours
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Leadership – willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- To give attention to detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Vast knowledge of poultry care, vaccination, prevention of mortality and schedule of birds growth and maturity.
- Knowledge and impact of weather and environment on the well being and growth of birds
- Knowledge of Poultry/food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability
- A good understanding of modern farming methods
- A commitment passion for poultry welfare
- An understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: If you are qualified for the above position and willing to work and live in Oyo state, please forward your CV.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!