Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
The roles and responsibilities of the farm manager are mentioned below:
- Deciding on the type, quality, and quantity of the crops to be planted
- Preparing plans for the mode of harvest, harvesting schedules and collaborates with the farm operators for carrying out these activities
- Budgeting the farm management and accomplishing the farm activities within the planned budget
- Hiring employees for minor duties such as managing work schedule, daily wages, feeding livestock and managing the harvest
- Arranging for regular maintenance of field equipment, machinery and farm buildings
- Purchasing farm supplies like agrochemicals and seeds, feed for livestock
- Management of sales and marketing of farm products like crop harvest, dairy production, and livestock
- Meeting the deadlines for producing yield and sending the yield to market for auctions
- Monitoring the quality and quantity of crops and maintaining animal health
- Updating knowledge on plant and animals diseases and taking necessary measures for treating the same
- Preserving environmental biodiversity and undertaking protection activities if need be
- Keeping a track of health and safety of farmworkers and other staff
- In addition to the ones mentioned above the farm managers also supervise various activities for generating extra income such as wind power generation, processing and selling farm products, breeding special herds, field sports, fishing and worm farming.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess FSLC, SSCE / GCE / NECO qualification
- Must have at least 1 year work experience
- Must be able to drive a car and ride a bike.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!