Job Title: Facility Management Executive
Immediate Report: GM/CEO
Summary of Functions
- Under the direction of the GM / CEO or any of his assignees, the FME will grow Facility Management as a service and income stream while overseeing the performances and co-ordination of all work necessary to maintain the all facilities in the company’s service portfolio.
- The FME shall be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of an organisation.
- They ensure that an organisation has the most suitable working or living environment for its employees or residents and their activities. Duties vary with the nature of the organisation, but the FME shall generally focus on using best business practice to secure new service mandates and improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs whilst increasing productivity.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Prospecting for and securing new service mandates
- Procurement and contract management
- Management of on-site operatives and vendors
- Management of communications with clients
Typical tasks may include:
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors;
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new purchases;
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Liaising with tenants/occupants of commercial and residential properties.
- Coordinating and leading a team or teams of staff to cover various areas of responsibility
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- First degree in any discipline.
- Certification such as FMP in Facility Management is a must.
- Attendance of recent short courses related to Facility Management.
- Individual membership of IFMA is a must.
- Experience in supervising and motivating people.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Patience and diplomacy when dealing with clients.
- Ability and flexibility to work long hours.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!