Job Title: UX Researcher, Mixed Methods, New Product Experimentation
- The New Product Experimentation (NPE) team builds standalone apps and experiences that explore user behaviors and needs that are mission aligned but not covered by Facebook’s existing product portfolio. Our goal is to innovate from within Facebook by testing and iterating on a diverse set of products, each with their own hypotheses, people problems and target audiences, that can eventually mature into meaningful new opportunities for Facebook. One area we are focusing is building impactful zero to one products that solves important people problems in Nigeria (as well as adjacent markets). This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- As a researcher supporting NPE’s Nigeria products, you’ll have the opportunity to partner closely with our tightly integrated teams that have significant freedom to operate with the time, people and space necessary to conceive, build and launch entirely novel standalone apps and/or experiences in Nigeria. Research is paramount to the NPE’s success; and formative research is crucial for identifying the right latent needs to tackle, and evaluative research is needed to identify opportunities to improve and prepare our products for the market.
- For this role, we are looking for experienced researchers with a mixed methods background, including both qualitative and some quantitative methods, integrating diverse sources of insights together. The right candidate will have a proven track record of impactful and creative research using both qualitative and quantitative methods, excellent communication and collaboration abilities, passion for solving important problems for underserved populations, and comfort operating in a flat and fast-moving organization.
UX Researcher, Mixed Methods, New Product Experimentation Responsibilities
- Work closely with NPE’s Nigeria product teams to identify and prioritize research topics
- Design primary research that address both user behaviors and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate the user experience
- Deliver actionable insights and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Conduct research using a variety of methods based on the research questions, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Masters degree in Human Behavior related fields including HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology
- 4+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience executing hands-on primary research
- Experience with different research methods, leading with qualitative methods (IDIs, focus groups, ethnography, co-creation) as well as survey design and response effects
- Experience asking, prioritizing and successfully answering key questions for the business to drive product decisions
- 5+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience using SQL/Hive, Python and/or R
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience as a researcher supporting early stage, zero to one products
- Experience working on commerce, social or education products
- Expertise on Nigerian market
- Ability to speak 1 or more local languages in Nigeria
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (~25%)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!