Job Title: Public Policy Manager, EMEA, WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Inc., a subsidiary of Facebook, is seeking a Public Policy Manager to support WhatsApp’s policy strategy and engagement in the EMEA region. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make an impact as part of a small, nimble team serving more than 2 billion people around the world.
- The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency, as well as the ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of internet and telecommunications policy issues, including security, privacy, and user safety.
- They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills. The Public Policy Manager will report into WhatsApp’s Director of Public Policy for EMEA and will work closely with the Facebook policy team and other relevant teams at Facebook.
- This role can be based anywhere in EMEA.
Public Policy Manager, EMEA, WhatsApp Responsibilities
- Identify, monitor and analyse policy issues affecting WhatsApp in the EMEA region
- Identify proactive strategies to solve policy challenges
- Engage and build relationships with policymakers
- Represent WhatsApp in meetings with regional government officials and elected members
- Build coalitions with other regional organisations to advance WhatsApp’s policy goals
- Design and lead innovative regional programs and campaigns to shape the public and political climate of opinion around WhatsApp
- Work with the global team to develop WhatsApp policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Advise internal WhatsApp teams and leadership on regional public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Communicate WhatsApp’s positions at public events in the region
- Significant work experience, including experience managing strategic outreach with diverse stakeholders within policy advocacy or in a government position
- Degree or advanced degree in a related field
- Keen understanding of, and interest in, public policies related to technology, privacy and safety
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience executing cross-functional campaigns
- Strong teamwork experience and proven track record of collaborative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to travel frequently (when company travel resumes)
- Good judgement, determination, perseverance and a sense of humour under pressure
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!