Job Title: Export Clearing Officer (Cement Industry)
Job Ref.: ExportClearing001
Job Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Export
- We are currently seeking to employ a Clearing Officer. We need an individual who can multitask and is able to accomplish tasks well. An individual who can manage all import and export functions from pre-shipping, shipping to delivery of the consignment.
- An individual with in-depth knowledge of cargo clearing processes and the ability to deliver under pressure and budget effectively.
- Develop relevant documentation required for shipping/ clearing of materials for DCP
- Develop and submit all required documents to relevant agencies and maintain/file copies as required.
- Liaise with relevant government agencies and clearance agents to expedite clearance of all materials.
- Manage DCP’s relationship with relevant regulatory authorities and escalate challenges to Logistics Manager
- Ensure all claims and notices from regulatory agencies are handled appropriately.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on logistics activities.
- Develop periodic customs reports and highlight issues, for the attention of the Logistics Manager.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Logistics Manager.
- Implement approved improvement initiatives for the logistics function
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline Degree. A Master’s degree is a Plus.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in international documentation, LC, Shipping processes, bill of lading.
- Previous experience working with customs brokers, forwarders, and international partners
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, Banks, shipping companies, and Terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
- Must have knowledge of the customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos