Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day administration of DCR Ambassadors. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing human resources, programs, and strategic plan of the organization.
- She is expected to establish contact with donors and development corporations towards fundraising, grant making, community outreach and marketing of the organisation to the public.
- The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Trustee Board Governance: She works to provide secretariat support to the Trustee Board to fulfill the organization’s mission:
- She is responsible for leading staff/volunteers/interns/consultants in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s vision and mission as defined by the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Trustee Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial stability of the organization:
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support DCR Ambassadors’ vision and mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, including submission mission Trustee Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Trustee Board and staff to ensure that the mission and vision of the organization are fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach:
- Responsible for implementation of the organizations’ programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of DCR Ambassadors’ image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professionals, civic and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate:
- Responsible for hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for effective administration of DCR Ambassadors’ operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Trustees to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as DCR Ambassadors’ primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance DCR Ambassadors’ Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee Projects/Programs and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Trustee Board, and Management Committee meetings.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and the day-to-day operation of the Organisation.
- Review and approve all service contracts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
Professional Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Trustees.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!