Job Title: Engineering Team Lead
Ref No: MK-0023
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Lead a high-caliber team of software engineers to build and maintain our products/solutions
- Ensure your team consistently makes and meets commitments to deliver value and actively remove roadblocks for your team
- Motivate and focus your team to deliver the most important work while keeping them aligned with the overall direction of the company
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch the first versions of new products
- Debug production issues across all our products and services at multiple levels of the stack and ensure any issues are promptly resolved within agreed SLA’s.
- Ensure that technical decisions support Mkobo’s quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals.
- Working cross functionally to identify system requirements, designing the architecture, and develop components supporting Mkobo’s application features.
- Responsible for directing the Engineering team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications to meet business and performance-related goals.
- Work closely with the Product management to ensure that products are delivered to specifications and set milestones are achieved
- Review/implement software development processes and optimize wherever necessary to enable us to model the best practices for software development and ensure the adoption of these processes by the team
- Ideally University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject otherwise demonstrable equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ software engineering experience ideally across organisations, industries, and technology stacks.
- 2+ years hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Comfortable with a variety of languages such as Java, Nodejs/Express, Python, GO, Ruby , React as well as MongoDB, SQL and Postgres databases etc.
- Deep knowledge of the cloud infrastructure (Heroku, AWS, Digital Ocean etc.) micro-services and development of APIs
- Demonstrable track record of success in developing and implementing a comprehensive technology strategy that is aligned with and supports the current and future business goals of the company.
- Strong Engineering background with previous hands-on development and deployment of production level code.
- Possess a broad understanding of how software fits into the overall system.
- Well versed in Software Architecture and Design – You should be able to spot flaws in the existing architecture and design. You would help us refactor and re-architecture the code for easier and faster development.
- Experienced with cloud native application, deployment & development
- Continuous deployment & integration
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- Proven ability to drive large scale projects with deep understanding of Agile SDLC, high collaboration and leadership
- Experience of recruiting a high-performance team, providing mentorship and helping others to reach their full potential
- Competitive salary
- Generous Pensions
- Leave Allowance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!