Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 4.8 million farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Sub-Function: MATS Common
- The engineering Manager will be the driver of excellence when it comes to the overall engineering and maintenance activity of the factory.
- The person will be a proactive individual with many years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills.
- You will be responsible for the overall operations of all process in the factory. Managing spare part inventory and ensuring uptime for all equipment will be a key deliverable.
- You will require exceptional foresight, great communication skills, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
- You will also be required to drive health and safety policies within the system.
- As the engineering manager, you will be required to build and manage a diverse team along with driving the following key dimensions.
- Generate & implement a comprehensive engineering plan for the factory
- Implement preventive & corrective maintenance system for all the equipment, ensuring maximum up-time for all the equipment.
- Generate and adhere to R&M budget & CAPEX proposals.
- Create daily/weekly/monthly engineering reports, monitor operations and plant health
- Maintain equipment history cards, plan upgrade and replacement of the equipment
- Generate drawings for a new modification/improvement plan, incorporate technical improvements for efficiency increase.
- Monitor daily records of energy and downtime, maintain utilization reports
- Build and manage diverse and effective teams.
- Prove hands-on skill and ability to train juniors for the repair of different types of equipment. Be the definitive engineering leader and technical expert
- Monitor performance of packaging m/c’s for technical efficiency
- Build relationships with vendors for services and spares for timely back-up. Cost, quality and time management with vendors and suppliers.
- Implementation of safety policies and developing a strong culture of safety practices
- Handle government agencies for environmental issues, be an advocate for health and safety at the location.
- Identify training needs and provide on-job /internal training. Create relevant training modules where required.
- Contract Management, working with legal and finance teams to ensure timely and effective execution.
- Maintain a high level of OEE for overall plant
- Downtime analysis, optimizing the maintenance process for better utilization of resources.
- Spare parts inventory management (Maintain an adequate level of spare parts as a cost-effective system). Building a network of JIT suppliers for cost control.
- Process optimization and regular improvements. Leading quality initiatives and ensuring actionable information is captured at every process.
- Strong follow-up for LT/HT electrical installations (existing) for proper maintenance
- Monitoring of gen-sets, boilers, chillers, air compressors, WTP, ETP daily for energy-efficient operation
- BE/B. TECH in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a reputed institute
- 15-20 years of hands-on practical experience in medium/large food processing organization as an engineering & maintenance head.
- Exceptional people management skill along with multitasking abilities.
- Work experience with dairy/beverage Plant with APV/Tetra Pak processing system would be preferred
- Strong knowledge of utilities is a must for this role
- Knowledge of PLC and strong process orientation. Proven ability to manage quality.
- Proven track record of projects & improvement exercises.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!