Job Title: eLogistics Manager – Sub Saharan Africa
Your work-life opportunity:
- Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
- Glovo eLogistics is Glovo’s last-mile logistics service for e-commerce, a huge industry that is still growing rapidly with many challenges ahead. At Glovo, you will join a team that is working to revolutionize the sector from scratch with the main e-commerce players in any market (e.g. Alibaba).
- As a country eLogistics Project Manager, you will be responsible for the P&L and end to end account management of the largest e-commerce companies and for maximizing both their number of deliveries with eLogistics and the profitability of the deals.
- In this role you will be part of the international team for Glovo, working closely with our Global Head of eLogistics Partners, GM of SSA, and Global GM of Courier & eLogistics.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Define the vision, launch and lead eLogistics across the Sub Saharan Africa region.
- Own strategic e-commerce relationships end to end, including PnL tracking and ensure operational excellence in the region
- Understand the current needs of the last-mile market in your country and develop scalable and innovative solutions for e-commerce partners.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Global eLogistics team in order to develop a better product and a value proposition that will help you achieve sales targets
- Be resilient and persistent to close deals with long sales cycles, focusing on a consultative sales approach
- Be in charge of project management of the onboarding of new clients, including systems integration, contract negotiation, data flow & architecture and financial forecasting of the account.
- Build, maintain and manage the teams in all operational functions in your country/es, namely warehouse, rider fleet and customer service to ensure high scalability and efficiency levels.
- Ensure we keep our Glovo eLogistics promise: To give all e-commerce / online users ultra-predictability and the possibility to choose when, where and how they want to get their products delivered or returned.
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- 5+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment in sales and business development teams preferably in logistics
- Results-driven attitude, strategic thinking, strong leadership and business acumen
- Sales hunger! You may never take a no for an answer
- Problem solver, perfect written and spoken communication
- Analytical profile with experience in business development, negotiations, pricing and product development
- Joy in building things from scratch, if something needs to get done you are comfortable figuring it out on your own and not relying on a playbook
- Comfort in ambiguity, you seek adventure and an accelerated career path
- Ready to get your hands dirty, because you will have to “roll up your sleeves”!
- Fluency in English.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work with energy, innovation and passion for what we do. We are committed.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, and abilities.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!