Job Title: Driver, RDGS
Location: Mozambique country office, Mozambique
Position N°: 50067760
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions. Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department / Country Office
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- Under the Directorate General of the Southern Region, the Mozambique Country Office of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Driver will provide reliable and safe driving services to the Country Manager and performs office messenger duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Country Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Operations with focus to the Office staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Mozambique as and when required;
- Transport the Country manager or as otherwise assigned in the conduct of the Bank’s operations;
- Ensure routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
- Perform office messenger duties;
- Always represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct;
- Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc.;
- Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
- Support the protocol functions of the Bank;
- Perform any other official duties as requested.
Including desirable skills, experience and knowledge:
- Hold at least a High School Diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- Possess any additional documentation and/or certification to carry out the job;
- Have the right to work in Mozambique;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Possess working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of automotive equipment;
- Demonstrated initiative; be discreet, honest and have good character;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in either French or English. Working knowledge of other language will be an added advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information & Notice
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The position holder will be recruited at the local level and will therefore not have international terms and conditions of employment.
- Only applicants who already have the right to live and work in mozambique will be considered for this position. The bank does not support applications for work permits and relocation.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR Direct [email protected](link sends e-mail)
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!