Job Title: Drilling Superintendent
- The Ideal candidate must have good knowledge of Operational and Technical Practices in an E&P company.
- He is expected to have an in depth knowledge of offshore / swamp drilling, completion, production engineering, reservoir performance analysis, optimization of field production and development planning.
- The candidate must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment, and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company and have great networking experience In the Nigeria drilling sphere.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- Plan, organize and execute Company’s drilling and well completion operations and plan.
- Provide technical expertise to troubleshoot major drillIng and completion challenges.
- Provide support in the coordination of drilling and completion actIvities as well as ensuring that design and well activities are optimized.
- Steer resource planning to ensure activities are executed within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Provide hand-on support for testing/completion programs, including equipment specification and selection as well as flow assurance modelling, end stress analysis etc. for planned jobs.
- Provide continuous drilling rigs forward activities forecast and requirements as related to drilling and well completions.
- Prepare short and medium term revenue forecasts based on projected completion activities for each fiscal year.
- Manage Company’s HSSE policy and procedure as related to drilling arid well completions.
- Responsible for directing the execution of appropriate procedures for well drilling projects.
- Prepare cost estimates and controls for drilling and completion activities.
- Must be capable of applying operational, engineering and management principles to resolve problems, including optimizing drillIng, completion, workover, supply chain, logistics, planning and scheduling activities.
- Provide immediate and effective solutions for operational continuity, equipment malfunctions and other Onsite problems.
- Must have experience in field development plans, execution and management.
- Liaise with project partners, such as geoscientists and drilling contractors etc.. in order to keep up-to- date on all developments that may have an impact on drilling and well completion activities,
- Ensuring that drilling and well completion operations comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, with respect to health, security nd safety and emergency procedures.
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication siills to work In a multidisciplinary and multi-tasking teams.
- Must be result oriented and committed to company goals.
- Must be capable of representing the company with regulatory and government agencies.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Management,
- Must not be more than 55 years of age.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a core Engineering discipline.
- A Master’s Degree or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must have worked in a Senior Supervisory or Managerial position for at least 13 years in a reputable E&P company and overall E&P experience of not less than 15 year with a proven track record of operations management.
- An in-depth knowledge of technical and operational practices and principles of drilling, completion and work-over processes and development planning.
- Must have working knowledge of commonly used and relevant drilling, operations and production management software.
- Ability to prepare work schedules and comprehensive drilling plans to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Must be capable of working seamlessly with geoscience, production and reservoir groups in executing drilling/operations engineering solutions.
- Must be capable of providing commercial solutions that deliver optimum hydrocarbon value chain.
Competitive and attractive.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and scanned / clear corporate passport photographs to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be treated in confidential manner
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!