Job Title: Drilling Assistant – Cement Industry
Job ref.: GbokoMines 014
Location: Gboko, Benue
Job type: Full time
Reports To: Snr. Mining Engineer
Direct Reports / Subordinates: Driller
- To Achieve Annual budget of total meter drilled
- Assist Driller in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- To Perform daily safety and maintenance checks of drill rigs
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Driller to ensure proposed drilling site is properly cleared by bulldozer
- Assist to mark out drilling pattern on the bench for blast / short holes drilling
- Depth of every blast hole must include sub-drill
- Assist the prescribed angle of inclination must be maintained
- Ensured that each drilled hole is safely covered to prevent inflow of run-off water and pebbles
- Assist driller to ensure drilling round / pattern are completed
- Assist Driller to report faults and breakdown to the Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting.
- Keep the drill rigs clean at all time by blowing and regular washing
- Ensure safe drilling that is, safety of self and machine
- Attend the daily Tool Box Talk at the resumption of shift operation.
- Ensure necessary PPEs are used on regular basis.
- Responsible to Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting
- Other jobs as may be assigned
- Assist Driller in operating DTH Drill in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies
Education and Work Experience:
- FSLC (Preferably SSCE / GCE / NABTEP / NECO)
- 10 Year working experience
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!