Job Title: Drill Operator
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Services: DCP – Logistics
- We are looking for Drill Operator who will be responsible for day-to-day operation of drilling machines to bore blast holes in open-pit mines and quarries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and operate tracked or truck-mounted rotary drilling, air-track or other drilling machines to bore large blast holes to specified depths at staked positions in open-pit mine or quarry.
- Before commencement of operation and at close of shift, you should go round the machine and ensure road worthiness of the machine and operate. any incident report to superior.
- Operate drilling machines to drill blast holes.
- Operate tracked or truck-mounted drill equipped with auger or other attachment to drill holes for building foundations or pilings.
- May measure location and stake out pattern of holes to be drilled, load blast holes with explosives and detonate explosives to dislodge limestone or rock.
- Ensure adherence to HSE procedures and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor, Drilling Engineer from time to time.
- A Trade Test or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and drills operations.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very good oral and written communication skill.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!