Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration / Operations, OtL – Nigeria
Requisition – 2021200896
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Administrative Operations for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Northeast Nigeria entitled the USAID/Northeast Nigeria Opportunities to Learn (OtL). This position will be based in Northeast Nigeria and is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated Northeast Nigeria OtL will improve foundational reading, writing, math, and social and emotional skills acquisition for children and youth, as well as increase retention and transition rates from primary to lower secondary in rural Northeast Nigeria.
- Additionally, the anticipated five-year activity will strengthen local subrecipient(s)’ capacity to become a USAID implementing partner; strengthen school management systems; and increase engagement with communities and families to support foundational skills practice outside of school as well as enrollment, attendance, and transitions in school.
- OtL will emphasize the inclusion of marginalized groups such as out-of-school, marginalized, and disenfranchised children and youth, girls, and learners with disabilities.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- The main function will be to provide financial and administration oversight for all aspects of the project in accordance with USAID regulations.
- The individual will be responsible for budget forecasting, expenditure tracking, and financial analysis, as well as grant and contract management.
- Manages, administers, and directs the control of the budget, security policy, and administrative and human resources functions.
- Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control and key administrative decisions, in concert with the role on the senior management team. Selects, develops, and evaluates financial and operations management personnel to ensure efficient and collaborative project support operations.
- The Director of Finance and Administration bears the responsibility of the financial reporting and administrative operations of the project, and will work closely with the Chief of Party to ensure smooth and transparent operations.
- The position shall be based in Northeast Nigeria and will be contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, accountability, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of administration and finance issues.
- Reviews, provides input, and periodically updates operations, administrative, and financial office policy and protocols.
- Develops job descriptions for operational management, administration and finance positions and provides direct oversight to these personnel.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets- actual and forecast. Ensures that all reporting is timely and responsive to USAID requirements.
- Provides recommendations on financial projects and compliance, and assists with development and management of internal financial audits.
- Participates and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, pipeline analysis, audit reviews and assessments.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) is required.
- Reviews procurement requests and payment vouchers for purchasing of goods and services and for program activities, and assure that all disbursements or reimbursements are made in compliance with FHI policy and applicable to donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews security data with security manager and provides oversight and guidance in safety measures for all office staff.
- Manage the operational and strategic functions for the finance department to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Prepare financial guidance through well-written and thorough memos, updates to policies, and procedure manuals.
- Develop and implement process improvement plans for to ensure effective and efficient financial controls and operational procedures.
- Provide leadership in financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessment processes.
- Possess broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
- Supervises the management of the office and encourages a collaborative, cohesive working environment.
- Reviews implementing partner budgets for correctness and verify that budgets conform to FHI and donor regulations.
- Provide administrative, financial, accounting and other technical assistance as required to FHI staff and/or implementing agency staff.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in management, business, accounting, finance, law, or another relevant subject; Masters Degree or higher preferred,
- Minimum of 8+ years working experience in operations, finance, administration, and program management on similar, international, donor-funded programs.
- Proven experience managing a financial analysis department is required.
- Excellent knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; and additional host country language is a plus.
- Ability to transfer knowledge/skills and work well with others, including local and foreign colleagues, implementing agency and government staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and respond in a timely manner.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!