The College of Medicine of the Lagos State University popularly known as LASUCOM is one of the top College of Medicine in Nigeria. The college is located within the structure of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below in accordance with the University of Lagos Act:
Job Title: Director of College – Engineering Services
- The Director of College Engineering Services is a Principal Officer of the College who is responsible to the Provost, for the day to day running of the Engineering work of the College.
- He / She is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development of projects, ensuring quality standards and maintenance of structures in the College.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60) years at assumption of duty. For the vacant post, the College seeks candidates with the vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability with requisite professional skill and competence.
- The candidates must be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the Master Plan for Physical Development of the College.
- Candidates must possess a B.Sc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or any other relevant degree from a recognized Institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- SSCE / NECO / GCE O’Level credit in 5 subjects including Mathematics and English Language is compulsory.
- The possession of Masters Degree is compulsory. Ph.D will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must possess professionally recognized certificate with current practicing license as well as not less than twenty (20) years post- qualification Engineering experience.
- In addition, the candidates must have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a senior management position preferably in a University or a comparable Institution.
- Candidate must be registered with Council for Regulation of Engineering (COREN) or Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORDON) and must be Computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
Conditions of Service
- Appointment which will be on a permanent basis, would commence as soon as appointed.
- A new appointee would be on probation for the first two years and would be considered for Confirmation of Appointment up to the retiring age thereafter, subject to satisfactory performance. Other conditions of service are as contained in the Senior Staff Conditions of Service of the University of Lagos.
CONTISS 15: N4,831,974,00 – N5,874,755,00 / annum
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (20 copies). The Curriculum Vitae must be in the following order:
- Place & Date of Birth
- Home Address and present Postal Address
- Nationality at Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary & Post-Secondary Education (including dates & institutions)
- Academic & Professional Qualifications including Distinctions with dates
- Statement of Experience, including full details of former and present posts
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names & Addresses of Three Referees
- Clear vision statement on the position applied for
Applicant should please request their referees to forward references on their behalf direct to the College Secretary, College of Medicine
In addition, candidates are also required to forward a photocopy each of their credentials along with their application and all supporting materials / documents addressed to:
The College Secretary,
College of Medicine, University of Lagos,
P.M.B. 12003, Idi-Araba,
Lagos State, Nigeria.
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!