Job Title: Director, Finance and Administration
- The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will report to and support the Country Director in the provision of strategic leadership, management of the organization and the provision of oversight and support to the operations, finance and staff.
- The Director will be responsible for the oversight and management of the following project functions and services: financial planning and management; grants and contracts management, procurement of goods and services; project administration; physical facilities management; contract management; logistics and ensuring compliance with CDC regulations; MGIC Nigeria policies and procedures; and Nigerian laws and regulations.
- S/he will directly supervise the Operations, Finance, Procurement and Logistics personnel. The position will be based from Abuja and applicants must be authorized to work In Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Budget Management:
- Provide support and leadership to the management team in budget development, monitoring and analysis of financial information and reports. Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Country Director and Program Directors.
- Manage and supervise monitoring and tracking systems for the budget. Advise the Country Director on financial status and budgetary decisions
- Offer treasury management and maintain stewardship and fiduciary responsibility of financial resources ensuring sufficient cash resources are available in-country to meet project obligations
- Supervise finance and administrative staff, and facilitate team work to plan for and meet applicable HQ reporting timelines and statutory report filing deadlines
- Ensure the preparation of complete and accurate monthly and ad hoc financial reports and submission of financial information to UMB/MGIC within the stated deadlines
- Oversee the general accounting functions including accounts payables and payroll, banking, accounts receivables, audit planning and submission of Tax and VAT returns
Grants and Contracts Management:
- The DFA will be responsible for the overall contractual management of program awards, sub-awards and contracts.
- Specifically, the responsibilities will include managing and monitoring expenses, ensuring that all contractual documents comply with CDC, USAID rules and regulations.
- In addition, this position will serve as a subject-matter-expert in the areas of standard provisions, policies and procedures governing non-governmental and governmental contracts, awards, grants, bi-laterals, MOU, sub-agreements, and leases. S/he will maintain good relationships with donors on all contractual and procurement matters.
- Review and ensure completeness of pre-award due diligence and related required documentation
- Develop award and contract agreements, Technical Service Contracts, and modifications as required
- Prepare and submit contractual documents for approval to Program Sponsors including prior approvals, procurement, and waivers.
- Modify awards as required to reflect updates/changes in budgets, obligations, and CDC/USAID regulations and reporting requirements.
- Ensure proper close-out of awards, sub-awards and subcontracts.
- Coordinate and maintain documentation for award compliance such as environmental, Institutional Review Board, Open Data Policy, and other regulations.
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and UMB policies and procedures.
- Interpret policy and regulations for contracts and awards that require specific certifications.
- Advise on sub-award compliance, management, and monitoring.
- Liaise with sub-recipients on a regular basis regarding contractual, financial and operational issues.
- Provide exceptional, timely customer service in all dealings with internal and external partners.
- Cultivate professional relationship with CDC and USAID Agreement Officer and Representatives to ensure timely approvals.
Operational Leadership and Management:
- Oversee development, application and updating of written policies and procedures for country office operations ensuring policies are in line with UMB/MGIC policy, US Government Funding regulations and national government requirements.
- In liaison with Program Directors, oversee the procurement processes including competitive bidding and documentation for local goods and services for project programs and operations ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Facilitate collaborative relationships with legal counsel, local fiscal agent, Payroll vendors, Lessor, Auditors, bankers, company secretaries, suppliers and relevant U.S. and Nigerian government agencies
- Work with Country Director to identify and problem-solve strategic, programmatic, and operational challenges to promote programmatic implementation and expenditures of funds.
- Oversee and provide guidance to issues relating to procurement, administrative, logistical, asset management, IT, maintenance, fleet management, security, insurance and risk management functions for the country office.
- Manage the leasing and maintenance of offices used by the organization. This includes
- determination of project needs for offices and negotiation of leases.
- Supervise the IT Support Contractor ensuring that problems with IT and office equipment and systems are resolved in a timely manner by the IT Contractor.
- Provide administrative supervision to all operations and finance staff and oversee performance management (including regular work planning, check-ins, formal appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards and empowerment, training and coaching).
- Approve purchases and payments according to the MGIC Nigeria Work Plans and in line with finance and operational procedures, and applicable guidelines and limits.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a filing system in electronic and hard copy format for technical, financial, HR, and administrative documents.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Country Director.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Professional Accounting qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA with Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or Public Administration, or the equivalent.
- Formal training and certification in the rules and regulations of managing U.S. Government funding.
- Required level of proficiency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Ten (10) years of comparable senior work experience (preferably at Director level) that includes operations management, procurement and financial management.
- Strong financial oversight and monitoring experience including significant experience with managing program budgets according to US Government funding guidelines.
- Extensive contractual and financial management experience, with at least ten years at a mid-management level, working with CDC, USAID, DOD and other international donor agencies.
- Experience with project management tools to manage large projects efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff, including managers and support staff, and a commitment to building staff’s capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of bank reconciliation processes.
- Strong understanding of international contracts and cooperative agreements including their relevant terms, conditions and the differences between them.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex team environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, financial management packages, and databases).
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational, negotiation and communication skills with ability to prioritize, multiple tasks and work effectively in a an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills; ability to interact cross culturally and with persons from a variety of professional disciplines in a tactful, diplomatic, and culturally-appropriate manner.
Application Closing Date
3rd March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja