Job Title: Design and Technology Teacher at Riverbank School
- To carry out the professional duties of a school teacher including the delivery of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students through practical, investigational and theoretical work across all Key Stages.
- The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way in both practical and theory lessons
- He/ She must be able to monitor and support the overall progress and development of students, contribute to raising standards of student attainment, facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To teach Design and Technology across all Key Stages.
- To stimulate and maintain students’ curiosity in Design.
- Toevelop students’ familiarity, competence and confidence within a safe workshop environment.
- To provide challenge for every student and encourage them to achieve their potential in Design and Technology.
- To contribute and engage in extra-curricular Design and Technology activities.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets, taking into consideration, the differing ability of students and differentiating work accordingly.
- To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school policy.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the Department and School.
- To work with colleagues in the Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of the School
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To support the Head of School in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to be courteous to colleagues, visitors, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- A good Degree from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- Must be well experienced in teaching the Cambridge Checkpoint/ IGCSE curriculum as well as the English National curriculum.
- PGCE Art and Design/ QTS is an added advantage.
- Evidence of prior experience as an excellent Subject Teacher and strong subject knowledge across Key Stages
- Must be enthusiastic, result-driven and committed to raising the level of student achievement.
- Must exhibit strong and passionate understanding of education and of curriculum development
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrable IT literacy to oversee reporting and communication systems.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!