We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director, Program Management
Location: Abuja (Country Office)
Job Type: Full time
Project: SIDHAS Project
Supervisor: Chief of Party
Supervises: Senior Program Officer
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Director Program Management will provide management oversight of SIDHAS Project to ensure that the overall project is effectively and efficiently implemented.
- S/he will support the CoP to ensure that the SIDHAS Project’s cooperative agreement related deliverables are completed on time, workplans are closely monitored and state level implementation follow organization policy and are conducted according the approved workplan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management support to CO and SOs focusing on work plans, sub agreement amendments, periodic fund requests, review of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting
- Coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of annual work plans and budgets for CO and SOs.
- Ensure timely submission of periodic donor reports that meet donor standards (timeliness, accuracy and quality)
- Oversee management of FHI 360’s sub agreements with consortium partners to ensure achievement of set targets and compliance with donor policies and regulations.
- Coordinate capacity development efforts in support of country office and implementing agency staff and other partners.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Coordinate partner activities under the sub-agreement.
- Manage the design of subproject activities as directed including the preparation of budgets, implementation schedules, and evaluation criteria.
- Ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of subprojects to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Guide and support the CO and state offices in establishing sound management systems to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to donor requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Ensure production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to FHI 360 and donors as required.
- Perform duties related to the management of human resources including analysis of staffing needs and resources, development of position descriptions, recruitment, hiring, mentoring, and performance appraisal.
- Represent FHI 360 and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Ensure program quality according to set standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with ANHI’s designated SIDHAS representative on SIDHAS Project related matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA / BL in social science, statistics, mass communication, monitoring & evaluation, pharmacy, law, public health or related field, with a minimum of 11-13 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience. Ate least 3 years experience in PEPFAR/USAID funded projects.
- PHD or similar degree with 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience. OR
- MS/MA/LLM/MPH in social science, statistics, mass communication, monitoring & evaluation, pharmacy, law, public health or related field, and a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience. OR
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID requirements.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building an effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!