Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – SENSE
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Nature of Employment: Full Time-Projects
Project: Strengthening Education in North-East Nigeria States (SENSE)
Duration: One (1) Year
Reporting Line: Chief of Party
Supervises: SIP Specialist, Technical Coordinator & Instructional Material Dev’t Officers
Summary of Position
- The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will assist the CoP for the day-to-day technical and operational aspects of the project in Adamawa and Gombe states.
- The DCOP will represent the project to its various stakeholders in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure that the SENSE Project is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the Adamawa and Gombe States and the USAID.
- Direct project implementation through providing oversight to Technical Advisors/Specialists, State-level Officers, and partners.
- Lead in the development of instructional materials for the project.
- Preparation for annual work plan for the project and its budget.
- Oversees the annual planning and implementation of all project activities in all the Project States.
- Facilitates communications among all project stakeholders.
- Assist the CoP in technical report
- Mentors partner staff during project implementation
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CoP.
- Master’s degree in education, arts, Mathematics/Statistics or relevant social sciences, Ph.D is a plus.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in design and management of reading/literacy programs.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in conducting trainings, preferably in the context of teacher trainings in literacy and numeracy.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the development of teaching and learning materials on a donor funded project, preferably in literacy and numeracy materials.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian state education system structure, including the LGEAs and school level management.
- Not less than 5 years progressive professional experience in the area of education system strengthening, especially in terms of capacity building of state, LGEAs and school level education personnel.
- Strong understanding of the education context as well as experiences in trainings in North East Nigeria is highly desirable
- Strong communications skills, including capacity to produce polished reports and PPT presentations
- Good working ICT Skills.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs – AUN salary scale.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file (word document or PDF format) to: [email protected] using the “Position being Applied for” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and / or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!