Job Title: Delivery Assistant
- helping to load goods into the van for delivery to customers
- making sure that the goods are loaded securely and will not move or get damaged in transit
- helping to find the best route for the journey by map reading or using either satellite navigation (satnav) or global positioning system (GPS) software
- guiding the van driver to reverse and park
- unloading the van and carrying the goods into the customer’s premises or home
- getting POD (point of delivery) signatures and perhaps taking payment or orders
- building or assembling furniture or other equipment on site in some cases
- helping to clean the vehicle.
Job Responsibilities And Requirements
- A minimum qualification of FSLC is required.
- You might travel locally or over longer distances.
- You have to spend a lot of time sitting in the van during long journeys.
- You will be moving and lifting heavy or bulky goods.
- You may have to work evenings and weekends.
- You might wear protective clothing and possibly a uniform.
- You may have to spend nights away from home.
- A good general education is useful, including a reasonable standard in English and math.
- Some knowledge of vehicle mechanics can be helpful.
- You need to be fit to lift heavy loads.
- A driving license is preferred and often required. If you are going to learn to drive, you must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for a driving license.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos