ACTED – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 38 countries towards 8.2 million people, responding to emergencies, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development with Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Assistant
Location: Mafa, Borno
Job Type: Contract
Job Field: CCCM
About the Job
- Acted Nigeria Mission operates throughout the North East Region of Nigeria. Due to the nature of operations, the geographical locations in which we as a mission deliver humanitarian aid, the unpredictable and ever-changing context, staff accountability procedures, the importance of effective communications and the concern of staff safety and security during any field deployments within this context is of a huge concern:
- Under the supervision of the Senior Site Officer, the Database Assistant is responsible for collecting, updating, maintenance and storing CCCM data in the existing information management system, as well as supporting the development of improving this system. This includes but it is not limited to supporting the design of data collection tools, conducting data collection, analysing data and producing information products for partners and stakeholders, data storage, and sharing of data, adhering to data protection policies.
ACTED’s Data Assistant will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life by:
- Collect, monitor and maintain all data related to the camp population in camp level database.
- Ensure all relevant activities in the camp are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection. This includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain up to date 5Ws and contact lists for all sites, and share to line manager once a month
- With support from Information Management Officer, support Camp or Area Population Profiling at least once a quarter and share to line manager when complete
- Working with relevant CCCM colleagues, ensure Service Monitoring results are verified and shared as Factsheet to relevant stakeholders once a month
- Working with relevant CCCM colleagues, ensure CRM database and reports are shared to relevant stakeholders once a month
- Ad hoc data collection and reporting as required
- Under the direction of line manager and with support from IM Officer, design data collection tools and revise them for improvements based on experience, needs and lessons learnt
- Conduct data collection or train and supervise enumerators to conduct data collection
- Verify the accuracy of data collected during any data collection exercises and by reviewing data for deficiencies or errors and correcting any incompatibilities;
- Obtain further information for incomplete data from the monitors/enumerators
- Maintain clean and up to date datasets/databases, removing unnecessary and duplicate datasets
- Data entry as required, ensuring accuracy
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and communities need to be emerged by the data collected to the line manager
- Share accurate data to Information Management Officer and support when requested to create visual information products for sharing with partners and stakeholders, such as site profiles, infographics and chart, brief narrative reports summarising data collected and related particularly to service delivery, population movements, CWC activities, risk evictions, community governance and complaints
- Prepare agendas, and record meeting minutes (or delegate this responsibility), and share minutes with relevant stakeholders promptly for coordination meetings, sub-sector meetings, and committee meetings, and additional meetings as required
- Supporting the organisation of regular meetings with the committee and community representatives’ participation in coordination meetings
- Supporting Communication with Communities activities, especially identifying possible gaps in information flux or possible themes for information campaigns based on data and information collected from the beneficiaries
- Maintain filing system (hard and soft copies) in an organised manner for easy access and use
- Carry out any other relevant duties assigned by the line manager
- Mainstream Protection through all activities
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours)
- Strict compliance to data confidentiality principles and policies during data collection, data storage and data sharing
- Other tasks as needed to support CCCM team members, to inform CCCM activities and to ensure the success of the ACTED CCCM objectives be it camp/area focal for at least one of the above categories of activities (linked to the ACTED CCCM Strategy)
Note: All interested Candidates should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Completion of a university degree in Database, Humanities, Social Studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience in administration of data using computers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PPT)
- Experience using Kobo, or other mobile data collection technology. Experience programming preferred.
- Ability to use other database software would be an added advantage.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Accuracy and keen attention to details, to produce high-quality documents and maintain good databases
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude, highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri language, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs, ideally in a camp or camp-like setting
Essential Knowledge and skills:
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Start date: As soon as possible – Desirable
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologies for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!