Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type Full-Time
Category: IT Operations
We are the place for you, if:
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals.
- You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- In this role, you’ll be required to keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Setup and maintenance of existing End of day, month and other recurring data management processes
- Ensure uptime, availability and integrity of all data sources – this includes performance monitoring, Backups, Restores, changes, major and minor upgrades, Data sources integration to data warehouse, etc.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users, including complex query definitions
- Database access, user management and Security according to existing framework and governance policies – this will also include revisions of existing policies.
- Training colleagues on data usage, where necessary
- B.Sc. Degree in Engineering, Computer science or Information technology related course
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Relevant certifications are desirable (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator; Microsoft SQL Server Certification; Oracles Database Administrator; Oracle Certified Professional
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding and Management of Cloud and Storage Technologies (AWS / Google Cloud / Azure)
- Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object-oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and structured query language (SQL)
- Strong experience on SQL Server maintenance, Advanced SQL Server concepts like indexes, stored procedures e.t.c with an emphasis on database efficiency.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Are performance driven with a proven track record.
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, work collaboratively, and can self-manage in ambiguity
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent investigation and diagnostic skills
You will not enjoy this job if you:
- Work best in structured, hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction
- Are used to working in/with a large team.
What’s in it for you
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and work with amazing people. You’ll work in a beautiful environment with a flat structure and solve complex, real-world challenges.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!