Job Title: Data / Program Officer
Locations: Ebonyi and Sokoto
Position Reports to: State Team Lead
- Jhpiego in collaboration with some of its partners – Save the Children International (SCI), Pact and The Manhoff Group (TMG) will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement MOMENTUM Country Global Leadership Project (MCGL).
- The program’s goal is to help address some of the major contributors to maternal mortality and morbidity in Nigeria such as violence against women and girls (VAW/G) with a particular focus on intimate partner violence (IPV) and sexual violence, reduction in child early and forced marriage (CEF/M), delayed acceptance of family planning (FP) and access to antenatal services.
- The project will also support the operationalization of existing policies, guidelines, and strategies that aim to mitigate VAW/G and develop new ones where applicable to improve MNCH/FP/RH outcomes.
- The Data/Program Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the MCGL Project at the state level.
- The candidate will also support the state team lead to ensure the smooth running of program activities, working with the country office Snr. Program Manager.
- S/he will also work closely with country office MEL Advisor to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S/he will support the technical staff in conducting program assessments, evaluations and preparing program reports.
- Lead all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities at the state, LGA and facility levels.
- Support implementation of MCGL programs at the state
- Provide continuous support to local partners to ensure timely data collection and reporting; adherence to standard operating procedures; and implementation of learning agenda as detailed in the MEL plan.
- Conduct routine spot-checks, data quality validation/audit and provide regular feedbacks to improve the quality of data in all project sites and among the different stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of a MEL system that adheres to USAID guidance and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting
- Strengthen the use of data at state, facility, and community level for program monitoring and improvement
- Responsible for data entry into project-specific DHIS2.
- Support the process of building the capacity of staff, local partners, and health care providers in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination and use.
- Work closely with the M&EL Advisor in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and, partners as well documentation of lessons learned.
- Support state-level report writing, annual work plan development and project monitoring matrices.
- Support the establishment and strengthening of good working relationship with local and other implementing partners and stakeholders in the state.
- Contribute to development of project strategies, work plans and budgets
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or another related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in the implementation and management of health Information systems (MNH and GBV programming preferred) and/or program management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High-level computer skills in Word Processing, Excel, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Familiarity with GBV programming, especially IPV, SV and CEFM.
- Experience with mobile data collection and analysis tools (such as Kobo collect, ODK, REDCAP, Commcare, etc.) is desirable.
- Good data analysis skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others
- Competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Ability to write quality report that meets donor standards.
Application Closing Date
Close of Business; 11th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Position applied for / Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Years Of Experience 0-4
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Ebonyi and Sokoto