Job Title: Data collector Team Lead NAA
CFCV No.: CFCV2021.40 Maiduguri Data Collector Team Lead
Location: Maiduguri NAA (Borno State), Various locations
Organizational Unit: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
IOM Classification: 3 Months Hourly Contract (possible renewal)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Hourly Contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistant, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for collecting data as part of the Displacement Tracking (ETT, MT, BR, FMP).
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the partners on the field in the areas (s) s/he has been assigned to.
Core functions / Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and implement strategies to conduct biometric registration in close collaboration the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) and other relevant partners on the field.
- Provide training support to relevant partners on biometric registration (BR), mobility tracking (MT), emergency tracking tool (ETT) based on the DTM methodology and tools.
- Build the capacity of the IOM staff involved in DTM.
- Monitor and evaluate the biometric registration and identify areas of improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Regular monitoring of movement within Accessible Areas (AA) and Non-Accessible Areas (NAAs) where there is much movement for possible update.
- Liaise internally with NFI, CCCM, Shelter, Livelihood and MHPSS clusters to appropriately implement the use of Biometrics data for purposes of aid distribution.
- Providing regular progress reports on field activities, and ensuring effective communication between the office and staff on the field
- Identify and report issues/challenges faced by both staff on the field and beneficiaries in various areas.
- Community engagement and mobilization lead.
- Coordinate with relevant partners to secure the registration sites and ensure the safety of the staff.
- Ensure that all biometric equipment and forms are properly stored and arranged.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Diploma / Degree in related field
- Take responsibility and manage constructive criticism.
- Work effectively with all stakeholders.
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Work collaboratively with DTM team members, and users/stakeholders to understand project activities, objectives and requirements.
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services.
- Promote continuous learning, communicate constructively.
- Take initiative and drive high levels of performance management.
- Plan work, anticipate risks and set goal within areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to a collegial team environment.
- Incorporate gender related needs, perspectives and concerns and promote equal gender participation at all levels.
- Experience in the field of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Experience in data collection is an advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization is an added advantage.
- Database / Ms. access / SQL / Excel / KOBO / computer networking added advantage.
- Good knowledge in English, Hausa and Kanuri and Native languages.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge “continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
5th May 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter via email to: [email protected] indicating the position applied on the subject line e.g “CFCV2021.40 Maiduguri Data Collector Team Lead (DTM)”
Click here to apply online
- Open to Internal and External Candidates
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line “CFCV2021.40 Maiduguri Data Collector Team Lead (DTM)”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!