Job Title: Data Analyst II
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Work with Data Manager and the Excellence in Breeding Platform (EiB) on the adoption of a data management system (Enterprise Breeding System – EBS) for storing and retrieval of information.
- Curate historical data from the Maize crop improvement program into templates for migration to the EBS.
- Check the quality and integrity of the data to be uploaded to the EBS.
- Ensure that the CG-core metadata standards are adhered to for all Maize improvement data.
- Perform data wrangling of large datasets to fill defined templates.
- Define and implement data standards and best practices for Research Data Management by developing ontologies, phenotyping protocols, quality standards, Trait dictionaries, templates and fieldbooks.
- Maintain coherent repository of Crop Information (genealogy, phenotype and genotype) allowing public access and secondary use for predictive breeding and comparative biology.
- Assist members of the Maize breeding program to capture data electronically and use the EBS to manage the day to day activities of their breeding programs.
- Perform any other job-related task duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc/HND in Computer Science, Biometrics, Research Methods, Bioinformatics or other related field with three (3) years relevant experience in data management.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in data management, R Data wrangling.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
Click here to apply online
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!