Job Title: Customs and Excise Manager – West Africa
Ref No: JR1052099
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The role will handle the Customs, Excise and Trade activities in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Implement the Global Customs, Excise and Trade Compliance strategies and policies in both countries
- Participate in developing and implementing strategies, policies, standards, guidelines for global trade management specifically focusing on customs and excise processes in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Provide specialist support with trade issues in Nigeria and Ghana – for example, HTS Code Classification disputes, Customs Valuation and ICSP reviews.
- Handle Customs and Excise related queries from the Nigeria Customs Service relating to imported products and raw materials used by Guinness Nigeria and Ghana.
- Lead the Customs and Excise team in Nigeria and Ghana by providing technical opinions and submissions for engagements with respect to Customs and Excise issues.
- Lead Customs, Excise and Trade related projects to deliver shareholder value and handle potentials exposure to the business in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Provide technical support with respect to addressing inefficiencies and driving process improvement within the Customs and Excise in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Recommend and implement changes to optimize processes, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Keep up to date with customs and excise regulatory changes and standard methodology; identify risks and opportunities and recommend actions.
- Experience within a Global Trade and Tax advisory function in a consulting firm or multinational beverage/tobacco manufacturer.
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!