Creative Strategy Director
Location: Lagos (Relocation Available)
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities
- Creative Strategy Lead will focus primarily on developing the creative strategy for the respective category.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of high-quality strategy, idea and concepts (and final execution elements for ‘Hero’ content) of the brand’s plan. The role is responsible for the preparation of the final recommendations presented for decision at each stage of Creative content approval.
- Leading the creative strategy and development cross marketing sub-functions (including but not limited to Design, Connections, Consumer & Shopper Engagement, Digital, Media)
- Work with counterparts in other OUs to help develop and execute a cohesive brand/category Creative Strategy
- The Creative Strategist is the Leader of the full Category Content team and is responsible for thought leadership and capability building across the OU Category team in all aspects of Content development.
- Authoring and aligning key stakeholders to IMX briefs; leading agency briefings and identifying innovative ways to measure the effectiveness of brand campaigns.
- Building the storytelling of the brand, ensuring consistency and strategic continuity through various forms of content amplified at multiple connection points
- Translating and amplifying the Global Core Creative Ideas for Global and regional (where not lead OU) brands into contemporary communications, that mobilize the KO system, positions the brand for future growth and excite consumers to build Brand Love ( i.e. Equity) and Brand Value (Transactions, Weekly+ Consumers, Baskets etc)
- Develop exciting/powerful Core Creative Ideas for Regional Brands (as Lead OU) and local brands, anchored on consumer insight
- Ensuring that all expressions of the brand are in consistence with the Brand Essence and Architecture
- Relentlessly challenging for more innovative brand experiences
- Working with the respective OU Brand Team/s to develop a vision and growth strategy for the respective brand / platform; expected to provide input on investment recommendations
- Working with counterparts in other OUs to help develop and execute cohesive brand/category Creative Strategy
- Working with OU Human Insights Team to define the killer insights that lead to the most powerful Creative Strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Location is flexible within Africa OU
- Relocation Offered
Related Work Experience:
- +10 years of marketing and leadership experience, including leading teams (5+ people)
- Experience working in cross-functional and cross-geographical teams is preferred
- Proven ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in a way that engages and inspires key internal and external stakeholders including agency partners.
- Good understanding of consumer, cultural trends, current and future business needs
- Ability to lead overall IMX / Communication strategies.
- Ability to collaborate and create a ‘network’ across disciplines to open new, innovative spaces for brand growth based on consumer insights, cultural trends and current and future business needs.
- Excellent people leadership skills, particularly the ability to coach and develop others and create a cohesive, focused team
- Ability to manage complex timelines and manage/influence multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage DME resources for maximum efficiencies and return on investment
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines to open new, innovative spaces for brand growth based on consumer insights, cultural trends and current and future business needs. Ability to define overall IMX strategies.
- Role will require frequent communication with OU Category Lead; OU IMX Lead; OU IMX Sub-function Leads; Global, Other OU Category and OU Other Category Creative Strategists.
- OU Category Creative Strategy Lead must be comfortable communicating innovative approaches to communications strategy and building buy-in across key internal and external stakeholders.
Mastery of (Required):
- Communications / Creative Strategy
- Human Insights
- Brand Essence & Architecture Campaign Development & Amplification
- Agile Ways of Working
Broad Expertise In (Good To Have):
- Brand (Growth) Strategy
- Resource Allocation
- Media Relationships
- Digital / E-Commerce Growth Strategic Business Analytics
What We Can Do for You:
- You will be part of the Africa team where teams are the new heroes, and our leaders are inclusive orchestrators. Together, in pursuit of our Company Vision to craft LOVED BRANDS, done SUSTAINABLY, FOR A BETTER SHARED FUTURE, we will:
- Make our CULTURE Code inevitable
- Build winning CAPABILITIES
- Change the DNA of our organization to becoming ADAPTABLE.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We are doing our best to create a seamless candidate experience for you as you apply for roles within the company.
- Due to the high volume of vacant positions, the recruitment process may take longer than usual and there may be a longer delay between application and interview. We appreciate your patience.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos